Western Global University is an international teaching institution that offers undergraduate, graduate degrees and PhD programs. Western Global University provides students with access to high-quality education in a variety of formats including full time and part time courses.
The PhD, commonly known as the Doctor of Philosophy, is a research degree that is one of the most frequent types of doctoral degrees and is awarded to graduates from a wide range of disciplines.
There are many PhD programs to choose from when looking to earn a doctoral degree. The majority of PhD programs are offered by universities, but some are offered by other institutions, like community colleges and PhD programs also. The length of time required to complete a PhD program varies, but most programs typically take four years to complete.
PhD at WGU
The PhD degree is an option for students who want to pursue a doctoral degree but can’t attend a traditional campus-based program. PhD programs are designed to provide the same level of education and rigor as traditional on-campus programs.
PhD programs offer the same rigorous coursework, faculty mentorship, and opportunities for research and study as campus-based programs. Students enrolled in PhD programs have access to the same resources and support services as on-campus students, such as career counseling, disability services, financial aid advising, library access, and more.
Students in PhD programs typically take one class per semester for three years or less before graduating with a doctorate degree. Some schools offer accelerated options that allow students to complete their degrees more quickly by taking more classes per semester than the standard load of one class per semester.
A Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) degree from the United States is considered the highest conferred degree at many US colleges and institutions for most subjects of study; for many overseas students, it is a dream course. When applying for high-level management roles, government expert posts, and employment as a university professor, researcher, or scientist in various subjects, a PhD degree is sometimes necessary.
The PhD, often known as the Doctor of Philosophy, is a research degree that is one of the most prevalent forms of doctorate degrees and is granted to graduates from a wide range of subjects. There are several PhD programs from which to pick when pursuing a doctorate.
Students enrolled in PhD programs often complete one course every semester for three years or fewer before earning their degree. Many universities have accelerated programs that enable students to finish their degrees more rapidly by enrolling in more classes per semester than the required one.
Western Global University offers course completion certification.
- Students will grasp a set of approaches relevant for their dissertation, in depth.
- Students will develop critical thinking and research abilities similar to top research university faculty.
- Gain specialized expertise.
- Communicate their research clearly and effectively.
Concept Paper Writing
Short summary of at least two to three pages and no more than six pages that gives a broad idea of what the student wants to research.
- The goal of the concept paper is to record the student’s thoughts and ideas and show where the student wants to go with his or her research.
- The mentor will check to see if the project is possible, give high-level feedback on the topic, and then briefly talk with the student about the topic.
- The concept paper isn’t meant to be an advanced academic paper or a research proposal. Instead, it’s a way for the mentor and the student to have their first structured conversation.
- It should give a systematic, detailed, and advanced summary of the literature that has come before.
- It should be at least 3–4 pages long and no more than 15 pages.
- It should be organized enough to provide theoretical justification and show where there are gaps in academic knowledge and where there are opportunities for the new research that is to be done.
- The result should make it clear where there are gaps, what questions could be asked, and what the main research theme is. But the Literature Review doesn’t have to be finished 100% at this point.
Research Proposal Format
The main document that gives information about:
- What you are going to look into
- What it means and why
- What you will do and how
Main parts of the research proposal
- Cover Page
- Literature Review
- Research Design
- Reference List